So I saw this on Good Morning America this morning: "Now that he's had a kid, Clay Aiken's coming clean. The "American Idol" alum graces the cover of People magazine this week, new son cradled in hands, smiling wanly next to the headline "Yes, I'm Gay." Well, I know I won't be the first or last to say this but DUH. Gayken, congratulations for having the courage to admit what everyone already knew. I hope you continue to delight me with your Liberace-like gayness. Seriously, he makes me giggle like a little girl.Generally, I hate talking on the phone. I am not a good phone talker and if you've ever spoken to me on the phone, you know that to be true. I frequently will talk over you or zone out and then either ask you to repeat yourself or just give an apathetic yyeeaaahhh...(long pause). Unfortunately, a lot of my business is conducted this way. So how about some tips? 1. Don't say "mmmbye". What the eff is that? Let me give you an alternative. Once I spoke to the Coca-Cola rep and she ended the conversation with: "Thanks for calling Coca-Cola, have a classic day". Have a classic day?! Indeed. 2. Sometimes, tech support, sometimes, it's okay for you not to follow the script the entire time. This is generally how the conversation goes: Them: "Good morning, thank you for calling tech support, this is Sanjay, how can I help you?" Me: "I'm having an issue with this (fill in the blank here). This is what it's doing, this is how I've tried to remedy it. ( in so many words) Can you help me?"Them: "I'm sorry that you're experiencing problems. May I confirm that (repeat exactly what I just said)" Me: "....yes". You don't need to repeat it to me. And usually it's sort of the issue but not really. It's like talking to an automated system. 3. Don't drunk dial me. It's so annoying talking to hammered people on the phone. And definitely don't cry over the phone. What the hell am I supposed to do with that? 4. Don't ignore my calls (meaning never return a call) and then get upset with me when I act upset with you. I could go on and on but I'll stop cause I like my posts to be symmetrical and this one is too long.
October Schmoctober:

Jason and I have decided on costumes. We're going to be Hannah Montana and Billy Ray Cyrus. I wanted to be Miley because we'll be affectionate all night and you have to admit, their closeness is kinda creepy but I don't know if she's recognizable enough without the Hannah garb. Of course, this will not work for Mardi Gras too so who knows what's going to go down for that? I'll post some pics when I take some. We have 19 events confirmed for October. Yikes!Guest for a Night:

We got to stay at Jason's hotel for a night last Sunday night. The Windsor Court? Amazing. Dinner at the New Orleans Grill (wasn't as good as Stella! but still pretty good), breakfast in the morning and valet parking. Oh and a tub! Oh yes, I took a loooonnng bath.
Food Stamps:

We got food stamps! Hell yes. They are giving them to everyone because of the storms. And before you get all preachy, republican on me. I will just say We NEED them. I, personally, had to dump my entire fridge's contents and havent been able to afford to restock it yet. We've been living off rice, beans, and noodles. So shut up. And thank you, Louisiana department of Social Services.
My poor A/C:
Our air conditioner has broken down for the second time in a month. You best believe I'm blowing up that guy's phone.
Top Tens:
Jaon and I have put our top ten artists and movies on paper. Here is as much as I can remember of it. In random order...i think.
Greta's Top Ten Musical Artists:
1. Jeff Buckley
2. John Legend
3. Jump, Little Children
4. Madonna
5. Prince
6. Missy Elliott
7.
Jason's Top Ten Musical Artists:
1. Outkast
2. De La Soul
3. Beatnuts
4. Wu Tang Clan
5. John Legend
2. De La Soul
3. Beatnuts
4. Wu Tang Clan
5. John Legend
Greta's Top Ten Movies:1. Wayne's World
2. I Heart Huckabees
3. Vanilla Sky
4. Like Water for Chocolate
5. The Fountain
6. Equilibrium
7. Dazed and Confused
8. Hairspray (the Ricki Lake version)
Jason's Top Ten Movies:
1. Stand By Me
2. The Lord of the Rings (all 3)
3. Vanilla Sky
I can't remember the rest but I'll fill this in when I do...



0 comments:
Post a Comment