Monday, October 06, 2008

Obama yall...

Last night I had a dream that we all lived in grey, shabby tents. It was a new eco-friendly lifestyle we were calling Ah-living. Or maybe it was another apocolyptic dream foretelling of the depression we're all going to be living in soon. I wonder what we'll call this one... The Greater Depression? The Greatest Depression? The Mediocre Depression? hm...

From 'Real Time with Bill Maher":
You should know my favorite show is the Office and yes, I am a member of the Lake Charles, La Dunder Mifflin Infinity online branch. My regional manager is a total right wing butthead. So! In the hopes that he reads this.

"New Rule: You can't be president if you practice a violent Middle Eastern religion and worship a genocidal desert god. Which is why Sarah Palin can't be president.

Now, all the churches that Sarah Palin has attended --and she's been to almost as many churches as she has colleges--have one thing in common: a belief that the Bible is literally true. She's not "Country First," she's "Bible First." And not just the New Testament. That's the happy half of the Good Book: the baby in the manger, Jesus doing magic tricks, long, romantic walks on the water that turn into fishing trips with the guys. And a generally positive message. Jesus, after all, preached love and forgiveness, not shooting wolves from an airplane.

The problem is, "Governor Avon Lady" --she takes the Old Testament literally, too. And in that one, God is an insecure, rage-filled hybrid of Bobby Knight and Suge Knight. He's been alive forever and he has anger issues. He's like John McCain if McCain could fart hail.

He's pro-slavery, pro-polygamy, and homophobic, and he'll kill you for masturbating. More people get stoned in the Old Testament than in my Jacuzzi. Not that I have to tell you guys.

If there was --if there was a video of Barack Obama standing in front of his congregation being healed by a black witch doctor, this election would be over. But there is that video of Sarah Palin.



So, ask your witch doctor if exorcism is right for you.

And, I don't say "witch doctor" because he's black. I say it because when you're rebuking witches, you're a witch doctor. Witch doctor, folks! This is our country. We've got to get it back from the forces of organized superstition!

People like Bush and Palin simply cannot think clearly because they're in a big, scary, brainwashing cult, and it warps their thinking so much that they're actually horny for the end of the world. And that is not someone I want with the nuclear codes. So, remember that video, and remember that Sarah Palin said --and I quote --"I think I will see Jesus come back to earth in my lifetime."

To which I say, "Hasn't Jesus suffered enough?" "


From Me:
I still think neither are very good choices but in this country with a rigged electoral college system, the choice between turd taco and poop sandwhich seems pretty clear to me.

0 comments: