It's been a ridiculously long while and I have no excuse for my absence. While that does not mean I don't have excuses...I do...in plethora. Just no good one. For there really is no excuse that's good enough. Because of my absence and to get reacquainted, I'd like to re-introduce myself and mine. Ready? Here we go:

They met in art school.
I was born with a heart murmurr. It closed up. Anyways, I had a pretty normal childhood. Growing up in Decatur, GA, playing, laughing, listening to your parents fight...you know, normal childhood stuff.
When I was six, my parents divorced. When I was nine, my dad remarried and had a couple sons. I love 'em to death.

When I was twelve, my mom moved me to Alexandria, Va. Where I played softball, before I got into girly stuff. I was on the yearbook staff in 8th grade. woo!

From there, it was all over.
When I was fifteen, my mom moved me to Asheville, NC. Where I finished out high school. Speaking of my mom...
This woman is my rock. We fought like sisters when I was a tween. But we adore each other now, thank god for small miracles. Seriously. Ok back to me!

These are my girls. It was Halloween. I was that annoying girl who did the announcements in the morning, and the field reporter at the football games. Oh, and that hole in my eye was most likely created by my brother when, after high school, I moved back to Atlanta.
I moved out of my dad's house months later and had a daughter!
Her name is Penny Lane.

She's....special.
I wanted to get Penny a playmate. Enter Abbey Road.
Unfortunately, Abbey was born with a kidney disease and fell ill before she was even grown. I had to put her down. It was rough.
Penny never really emotionally recovered.
To ease the pain for both of us, I decided to get Penny a new playmate. Enter Jude.
In 2001, my dad had a girl. A sister!
Here's me shoving a cupcake in her mouth on her first birthday.
This is what happens when you don't get your boy cat fixed in time.

babies!
I lived in Atlanta for four years. I worked as a bartender, partying like a rock star. Staying up till the sun rose and sleeping till four in the afternoon. I fell in love with this boy, somewhere along the way:

Jason is the best boyfriend ever, my element, the love of my life. We have no, I repeat, NO plans to get married so stop asking. Anyhoo! I had a great time in Atlanta, but there came a point when I had to leave. So I decided to come to New Orleans!
and everyone followed me cause I rock. It rocks.
So now, my happy little family consists of me, Jason, Penny, Jude, Grace, and Sadie (two of the kittens we either couldn't or didnt want to give away). I work at an event planning company, busting everybody's balls. I'm the creative director, office manager, and I plan events. It's pretty cool most days. It keeps me crazy busy. If I ever get a break, I really want to write. I love stories. You can find some of my words in earlier posts here and on my other failed blog (http://gretawriteseveryday.blogspot.com/).
Some favs:
A Letter to My Daughter on her Twenty-First Birthday: http://gretaland.blogspot.com/2007/01/letter-to-my-daughter-on-her-twenty.html
Something about writers block: http://gretaland.blogspot.com/2007/05/memorial-weekend-or-how-i-read-528.html
This one has nothing to do with anything, just makes me giggle: http://gretaland.blogspot.com/2006/09/fiction-is-nothing-but-cleverly.html
So that's me in a nutshell. No, this is me in a nutshell. Help! I'm in a nutshell! How did I get in here? What kind of nut has a shell this big?
Nice to meet you....again.

0 comments:
Post a Comment