Friday, January 30, 2009

Going Postal!

The United States Postal Service announced this week that in order to cut costs, they are considering shutting down a day of service. I had two inital thoughts: "Who cares?" and "Good!" I don't know about the post offices in your area but in mine, the lines are always long, there is usually one person at the counter and another two in the back lounging. I detest going. I only go to buy stamps, which you can get online now. You can do practically everything online now. I view and pay my bills online. Plus, who gets anything besides junk in the mail anymore? I usually throw the majority of my mail away before it even reaches the house. So good. Shut it down for another day, scale it down, and move on.



Yesterday, Hannah and I booked our trip. We are going on a girls getaway in March. I'll be flying to Tampa, where she lives. She'll pick me up and then the next day we drive to Cape Canaveral and board a Carnival Cruise bound for the Bahamas! We are too, too excited. I spent the money I'd been saving for my wedding on it. Because I don't have an engagement ring yet, it seemed like the fun thing to do. In booking over the phone, we managed to snag the only sales woman who apparently has no one to talk to and dragged that call out for thirty-five minutes. I think at one point she was telling us about her son and his love for skiing....I'm sure I don't even need to say this but, Who cares, lady? Book me my trip and shut up.






Also, I know I mentioned wedding in the previous paragraph. If any of you imaginary readers are struck dumbfounded now, then just shaddup. I am comitted to doing anything it takes to have the ceremony in St. Louis Cathedral. If that means getting baptised, then so be it. It's just some water anyways. And helLO? Can you say checkerboard floors? And show me a better more New Orleans-y location. This cathedral comes with a steep price tag too, but as my Dad told me, very sweetly, I shouldn't have to sacrifice anything.




One more thing. I just want these recorded somewhere so they don't drift off into wherever it is that great ideas go. Near Curse-Word Phrases that I love: Kiss My Sass, Get The Funk Out My Face.

0 comments: